As an experienced dentist, Dr. Donald Reid has analyzed and treated a wide range of dental concerns. A common dental concern that patients don’t always discuss is fear of the dentist. There is a wide range of patients who have some form of dental fear and anxiety. In advanced cases, patients with dental fear or anxiety don’t get the dental care they need, leading to the development of complex dental issues. Dr. Reid and his dental care team offer compassionate, patient-focused dental care to every patient who walks through their doors. If you are dealing with dental fear or anxiety, visit our Truckee dental office for the dental care you need. In this post, we will discuss ways to combat dental fear in hopes that patients will visit our Truckee dental office for the dental care they need to improve their smile.
Combat Dental Anxiety And Fear
We have listed a few key tips to help patients deal with dental fear or anxiety.
- Schedule your appointment at the time you feel the most comfortable. If you feel like scheduling an appointment first thing in the morning can help alleviate some of your anxiety around the dentist then set up an appointment in the morning. Or maybe the evening appointments works best for your needs. Our Truckee dental office offers convenient hours for all of our patients. So if you need to schedule an appointment time that works for you, contact our Truckee, CA dental office.
- Bring a buddy with you to your appointment. Patients with dental fear and anxiety may find that bringing a trusted friend or loved one with the can help alleviate their anxiety.
- Schedule regular dental checkups. When you go without regular dental cleaning or preventive care visits, dental problems can develop and may even lead to complex dental issues, which may require more advanced treatment.
- Try some deep breathing exercises. You would be surprised how helpful deep breathing exercises can be before your scheduled treatment. Find deep breathing exercises that work for you.
- Ask Dr. Reid about Sedation Dentistry. Dr. Reid and his dental care team understand that many patients deal with dental fear and anxiety. For your connivence, we offer a wide range of sedation dentistry options to help patients feel more relaxed and comfortable during the treatment. We offer Topical & Local Anesthetics, Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas), and Conscious Sedation. Dr. Reid will carefully review your medical history and your overall oral health to determine which sedation option is right for you.
Schedule An Appointment
Dr. Donald Reid is a highly trained dentist well equipped to handle a wide range of minor and complex dental problems. It is important for patients with dental fear and anxiety to find a dentist they can trust. If you need to schedule a visit to our Truckee, CA dental office, contact us or schedule an appointment online.