General and restorative dentist, Dr. Donald Reid is one of the leading dentists in the Truckee, CA area. Through complete, advanced dental care, Dr. Reid provides patients with the solutions they need to improve their smile. Dr. Reid and his dental care team in Truckee, CA knows that patients are preparing for the upcoming holidays season and want to offer some tips to help patients take charge of their oral health.
- Maintain a proper oral hygiene routine. Brushing, flossing, and rinsing can help keep your smile healthy. Cleaning your teeth every day removes bacteria and debris that can stick to your tooth enamel. When you don’t clean your teeth, harmful bacteria like plaque and tartar can form of the enamel. Keep up with your oral hygiene routine during the holiday season to maintain a healthy smile.
- Drink up! Water can help remove debris from sticking to your tooth enamel. Drinking water also helps promote saliva activity in the mouth which is great for your teeth.
- Stay away from sugary drinks and treats. As tempting as they may be, sticky, sugary foods can be detrimental to your tooth enamel, especially if they aren’t properly removed. Try to limit your consumption of sugary treats or just stay away from them.
- Chew sugarless gum! Sugarless gum is a great way to freshen your breath between meals and also remove debris from sticking to your teeth. Find a sugar-free gum that you enjoy and take it with you.
- Visit our Truckee, CA dental office. Dr. Reid is a trusted, respected dentist in Truckee, CA. Dr. Reid works with each patient to ensure they are receiving the dental care they need to improve their smile. If you haven’t scheduled a routine visit yet, contact our Truckee dental office today.