Dr. Don Reid of Truckee, CA is focused on helping patients achieve a healthier smile. He takes the time to listen to your dental concerns and offer a comprehensive, complete dental treatment. One of the most common dental concerns is teeth grinding. We offer a variety of cosmetic, restorative, and general dental treatments to help patients who suffer from teeth grinding. Teeth grinding can be an indicator of a more complex dental issue like TMJ. Using state of the art technology to examine and realign your bite, Truckee dentist Dr. Reid has pioneered treatment techniques that can help restore your smile. Dr. Reid has years of experience diagnosing and treating patients with a variety of dental concerns. He will work with you to develop a plan that is right for you.
What are the signs of teeth grinding?
Dr. Reid recommends patients visit his dental office twice a year for preventive care exams. During preventive care exams, Dr. Reid uses advanced technology to properly check your mouth, teeth, gums, and jaw for complex dental issues. Some patients may not realize they grind their teeth, however, Dr. Reid can check your teeth for signs of teeth grinding. Some signs of teeth grinding may include;
- Persistent dull headache, especially in the morning when you wake up
- Jaw pain or discomfort
- Worn, chipped, or cracked teeth
- Missing teeth due to repeated teeth grinding
- Tooth sensitivity
- Loose or shifting teeth
What are the treatments for teeth grinding?
Your treatment plan may depend on if your teeth grinding caused other complex dental issue. Dr. Reid will examine your mouth to determine the severity of your teeth grinding. He will develop a customized treatment plan to correct any dental problems. Some treatment plans may include:
- Orthodontic: Mouth guards and splints can help keep your teeth protected while you sleep.
- Bite correction therapy: Helps bring the teeth into proper alignment and also minimizes pressure and stress on the jaw.
- Restorative Dentistry: Depending on the state of your teeth, you may need dental crowns or tooth replacement option
How do I schedule an appointment?
Dr. Reid welcomes patients to visit his Truckee dental office to receive the care they need. We have flexible hours to help fit into your schedule. You can schedule an appointment online or call (530) 206-0392