Dentistry is a constantly changing field with new technology that strives to make dental procedures less painful, more accurate and lasting. At Tahoe Dental Artistry in Truckee, CA, Dr. Donald Reid uses the latest technology to perform your restorative and cosmetic dentistry procedures. Our number one priority is the comfort of our patients, so we consistently adopt the best new technologies to make your visit as pleasant as possible while improving the integrity of your results.
Some of the technology available at Tahoe Dental Artistry:
- CEREC: this CAD/CAM technology enables Dr. Reid to design, fabricate and place high quality ceramic dental restorations during a single visit. Damaged or lost dental crown? Come in and leave with a fully functional smile.
- Digital Radiography: digital x-rays provide significantly less radiation exposure and can be stored in our computer system for future reference or sharing with a specialist for other treatment.
- Digital Imaging: using high resolution digital photography, Dr. Reid can provide realistic images of how cosmetic or restorative treatments can enhance your smile.
- Diagnostic Wax-Up: shows your new smile in its natural color and translucency. We also see how your new smile will improve any bite problems you may have. With the diagnostic model you are empowered to preview, give suggestions, make changes, and approve your personal “Smile Plan” before any procedures are begun.
- Soft Tissue Laser: periodontal therapy and cosmetic gum treatments can be performed with minimal pain and bleeding using dental lasers. It can also be used in conjunction with root planing – deep cleaning around the teeth and root.
- Intraoral Camera: this tiny hand held device takes great pictures of the inside of you mouth, enabling us to show you exactly what we’re talking about on a computer screen.
- DIAGNOdent: this hand held tool is used for early detection and diagnosis of tooth decay. The DIAGNOdent also helps locate decay that may be hidden in the cracks and crevices of teeth for earlier, more conservative treatment.
- iCAT Cone Beam CT scanner: used to evaluate and analyze high-priority anatomy for dental implant restorations and oral surgery in less than 15 minutes – without leaving our facility. We are one of very few Tahoe area dentists with this in office ability to take precision, cross-sectional slides of any needed area in the upper or lower jaws for accurate treatment planning.